We believe that every SF State student has the capacity to live a purposeful life and positively impact the world.
To that end, the Dean of Students team at SF State facilitates student-centered learning through personal, community, and academic engagement, culminating in a transformative experience.
We work collaboratively with students, faculty, administrators, and staff to enhance the overall SF State student experience. As partners in the educational process we:
- Create opportunities for students to integrate curricular and co-curricular learning;
- Promote and support student inclusion in the University decision making process;
- Inform and educate students of their rights and responsibilities as members of the University, San Francisco, and global communities;
- Promote and educate students about social justice and equity;
- Network and collaborate with faculty to enhance the student learning experience;
- Provide educational programs, events, and job opportunities that focus on development of leadership competencies, career and life skills, wellness, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and crisis management.
Goals - The Dean of Students team has several goals, including:
- Assisting in campus efforts to increase retention & graduation rates
- Facilitating student success & development
- Helping students develop affinity for SF State