STUDENT EMPLOYMENT GENERAL OVERVIEW
- Career Services & Leadership Development
- Link to Handshake (Jobs & Internships)
- Students - Avoid Job Scams!
- Instructions for Fall 2021 & Spring 2022 Student E-TRAC Processing
STUDENTS MAY NOT BEGIN WORK UNTIL AFTER the I-9 Verification has been completed AND the completed Student Hiring Packet has been submitted to Human Resources through DocuSign.
The I-9 form and your documents are verified virtually, OVER ZOOM:
- During the COVID-19 response, verifications are done only over Zoom, by appointment only -- please email email@example.com
Once the I-9 Form has been fully completed, students should allow up to five (5) business days for the service indicator to be added to their Student Center.
Students may not start work until their I-9 Form has been verified by firstname.lastname@example.org.
International students: prior to getting your I-9 verified, you must complete the Office of International Programs (OIP) On-Campus Employment CertifIcation which is needed prior to I-9 verification. Once the I-9 is verified, make an appointment to complete your SPAR form with the University Tax Specialist,Young Kim.
If a student has already completed an I-9 because they have worked with a University employer before they DO NOT need to complete a new I-9. Students who might need to complete a NEW I-9 include International Students, Permanent Residents and those with an Employment Authorization card depending on their respective end dates which can be found listed in their Student Center.
COVID HEALTH & SAFETY FOR ALL STUDENTS WORKING ON CAMPUS
Upload vaccination verification into MyHealth; Vaccines required for all state employees including students -- those who receive medical or religious exemption, or who are only partially vaccinated by Aug. 13 must enter weekly on-campus testing program
Daily Health Screening is required EVERYDAY someone comes to campus, on the SF State App or at the this weblink
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EMPLOYEES
- On Campus International Student Employment Overview
- Office of International Programs (OIP) On-Campus Employment Certification (required for F-1 students seeking work on campus)
- NEW SPAR (CSU Student Payroll Action Request)
- CSU Form SSA-1945
- Direct Deposit Authorization form
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Form
- CANRA Form (Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act)