A campus community where every student belongs and the student experience matters.
The Division of Student Life (DSL) believes that every SF State student should belong and matter, has the capacity to live a purposeful life, and can positively impact the world.
To that end, the Division of Student Life (DSL) team at SF State facilitates student-centered learning through personal, professional, community, and academic engagement, culminating in a transformational experience.
We work collaboratively with students, families, faculty, staff, administrators, and others to enhance the overall SF State student experience. As partners in the educational process we:
- Create opportunities for students to integrate curricular and co-curricular learning;
- Advocate and support student inclusion in the University decision making process;
- Inform and educate students of their rights and responsibilities as members of the University, San Francisco, and global communities;
- Promote and educate students about social justice and equity;
- Network and collaborate with faculty and staff to enhance the student learning experience;
- Provide educational programs, events, and job opportunities that focus on development of leadership competencies, career and life skills, wellness, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and crisis management.
Our work in the Division of Student Life (DSL) is guided and informed by our commitment and support of SF State’s five core values:
- Courage: We cultivate courageous conversations and daring leadership.
- Life of the Mind: We stimulate integration of curricular and co-curricular learning.
- Equity: We advocate for social justice, equity, and eliminating barriers.
- Community: We create inclusive and caring communities of challenge and support.
- Resilience: We celebrate individual and community tenacity and sustainability.
Educational Priorities for 2020-2021